Typical Markgräflerland, surrounded by beautiful nature. Home of several artists. Distance to the center of the village: about 2.3 km.
Lipburg is located southwest of the centre of Badenweiler and can be reached quickly from there via the L140, via Lipburger Straße. The district is made up of the two separate settlements of Lipburg and Sehringen, which is why it is often referred to as Lipburg-Sehringen.
Home of various artists
Several artists have settled in Lipburg during the last years. Among them is Gerhard Helmers whose modern art objects adorn the three kilometre long sculpture way from Badenweiler (422 m) to Lipburg (388 m). The approximately forty-minute stroll starts at the ‘Kurhaus’ and ends directly at the artist's gallery. The painter and Bauhaus co-founder Oskar Schlemmer also lived here from 1936 to 1938. Even those who visit the small village cemetery of Lipburg-Sehringen will encounter well-known names: Among others, the writer René Schickele and the famous TV actor Charles Regnier are buried here.
Lipburg, which has officially belonged to Badenweiler since 1974, celebrated its 1250th anniversary in 2004. The village culture was dominated by agriculture for centuries, but in the Middle Ages there were probably also mining activities south of the village. Even then, a small amount of silver could be extracted from the galena deposits found here. The few remains of Grüneck Castle, which is located on a lonely forest spur about 1.2 km south of Lipburg-Sehringen, possibly testify to these activities - which is difficult to do, however, since today only the foundation walls of a 14x16 meter residential tower can be seen.