Whether a winegrower's snack, or specialties from Baden, or a gourmet dinner: For good reason Baden cuisine is widely known and praised.
Hardly any other gastronomical landscape has been awarded as often
as the Markgräflerland. Baden cuisine is even rated as one of the best
ones in Germany.
Calendar of Culinary Specialties
- Strawberry variations
- Asparagus with ham and 'Kratzete' (pancake torn to little pieces)
- Bear's garlic pesto
- 'Kirschplotzer' - cherry cake
- Forest trout
- Plum tart
- 'Metzgete' (meat platter with fresh black pudding, liver sausage, boiled belly pork, sausage, mashed potatoes and sauerkraut.
- 'Neuer Süßer' - new wine is drunk and goes well with onion tart and tarte flambee
- Apple pie
- delicious mushroom and game dishes
- Linzertorte - traditional pastry
- classical Sunday roast